She acts as if everything is ok. And it very well may be. But once she turned 60 something changed, and she can’t put her finger on it.
- Is it her mortality? Is she finding herself suddenly feeling older even though she still looks and feels the same as she did yesterday?
- Is it a feeling of loneliness? Whether she is with a partner or not, has family and friends or not, she feels a personal aloneness and doesn’t know what to do about it.
- Does she feel like a dinosaur? For some women, they have been the teacher or go-to their entire lives, and now, no one is asking for their advice anymore.
- Or maybe she never got to be known for that thing she wants to be known for because she was busy being wife, or mother or daughter to someone.
- Maybe she is retired because it was time, but not because she was done.
- Maybe she thought she’d have more money to do more things in life like those around her are doing. She wonders – Is it too late to have enough money?
- Is it that she doesn’t feel purposeful? Maybe she hasn’t done something in a long time that makes her feel truly alive. Whether she can teach, share, entertain or just philosophize about life, she feels like she has no platform for her wisdom and gifts.
To all or any of these women, I hear you. I am you and I hope to be there FOR you.
I recently began helping women create YouTube Channels to express themselves. So recently in fact that I am still working out the details and structure.
Before I go into that, if you can for a moment, imagine taking what you are good at and sharing it with the world. How would that make you feel?
Do you like to sew, read, cook, bake, travel, play games, sing, dance, teach math? Are you a pro at online dating for seniors or can you repair things around the house?
Do you long to share your life story with someone or do you have a philosophy that you think will make a difference for others?
Have you been through something that others need you for? Are you a widow, have you dealt with illness, loss, addiction, or identity? Do you know what its like to find a lost family member or were you a homeschooler who can now shorten the path for someone else?
I’m here to tell you that someone out there needs you and your wisdom – REALLY!
Even if someone else is already out there talking about your topic, they aren’t you, they can’t convey things the way you can and some people will only relate to you.
This is why I encourage you to take on this challenge – Get yourself out there as a YouTube Content Creator, with or without becoming a SeniorTuber as I joyfully refer to our community. A community of wise and wonderful women coming out and playing together. (FYI, men and youngsters are invited if they feel they belong here – I won’t be checking I.D.)
And don’t allow your limiting thinking to stop you, please. We all have them and some will let them take over.
Whether you don’t like being in front of the camera, believe that you don’t have something to share or aren’t tech savvy or creative, it doesn’t matter. You can start out by being an observer and there will be plenty of conversations that will address your concerns and maybe even change your mindset. Ok?
As I mentioned before, this adventure/movement is all in the infancy stages.
But here is how it looks so far
- I want to provide motivation and support that inspires you to take a leap at something you either thought you didn’t want to do but are inspired by or would love to do but never took knew how to take action.
- I want to offer a community of women all working towards a common goal – to start and grow a YouTube Channel for a sense of purpose and camaraderie.
- I want to offer most of what I do through live events for training and igniting. For Free
- I want to show you how to monetize your channel so that you can supplement your income if you’d like to
- I want to offer boot camps where we can all work together to support, brainstorm and laugh with others who are creating their channels – so that we can fail together, succeed together and most of all, have a safe and wonderful place to belong.
How does this make you feel? If stimulated, awesome, if scared but interested also awesome.
On this website, you will find ways to get in touch with me, find my social media platforms, and view more about what you can do.
Find me, and let’s play together so you never have to feel alone again.
Enthusiastically and with much love
This is day 2 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge – Please support me by reading, sharing, and commenting on my blogs.
If you’d like to join this challenge, I’d love for you to be a part of it, to share yourself, and your business, meet new people and support others. Click here to learn more.
Fran: I am so grateful for the opportunity women have to be heard and seen. You tube is such an important space for this to happen. The work you do is valuable and valid. Thank you for that!
Alice Gerard says
It’s a bit different for me. I was never wife or mother. And, at age 66, when I see other women my age welcome grandchildren and travel with their spouses, I feel so much aloneness and so much feeling that life has passed me by. Most people don’t understand how difficult it is to be single and alone. Despite that, for the most part, life is good, however..
Great blog post. It inspired lots of feelings. Good luck with your group!
Alice, I too have no kids or a husband. I do my best to make sure I have the life I want. I don’t have to travel the world. For me, I just want to stay connected, feel purposeful and have fun! I’m so glad it inspired you. I hope you join me one day and who knows? You may like it!
Here’s to creating the life you want Alice! ❤️ just want to make sure you have the link to my FB group Senior Tuber Community! https://www.facebook.com/groups/seniortuber
What an interesting blog! I’m 73, but don’t act it! LOL hubby and I retired from our 50+ year interior decorator business but still don’t part time when people find us. I enjoy helping others in any what I can I look forward to checking out your seniortuber!
Martha, the moment you mentioned that you are a decorator, I thought to myself ‘what a great idea for a YouTube Channel!’ There are many people (like me) who have no clue about the decorating rules and faux pas. Consider it … and let me know if you need help! Thank you for commenting and I hope to see you at Senior Tuber! Did you see our facebook group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/seniortuber
I think it is a great idea there is so much wisdom that people have, and content creation is an ideal way to share.
I agree Amanda. Some of our most brilliant minds are hidden behind closed doors. I’d love to help unlock a few ….
I appreciate you reading it and taking the time to comment. ❤️
Hi Fran! I am a woman who is 60 who has had YouTube channel for years but it mostly just sits there… not doing much. I like making videos, but somehow liking making videos isn’t enough for me. I love what you’re doing for women who aren’t young anymore doing something significant with their lives. I definitely would like to know more and look forward to hearing more from you as our friendship grows!
Julie! Thank you for your feedback. As I mentioned, this is a brand new adventure. Like you, I am a coach and felt that helping women my own age would be the direction that feeds my soul. I hope to see you around. I have a FB Group if you’d like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/seniortuber
I have a feeling that you and I will stay in touch!