Do you have a collection of videos or photographs you wished everyone you loved would have access to?
Do you wish you had a place to make personal videos or share your special thoughts and moments?
Would you like to leave messages for family and friends that they can cherish forever?
Consider starting a YouTube Channel for this very thing.
I’m going to share ways you can use your YouTube channel as a vault for your memories and wisdom
There are three visibility settings once you upload a video.
- Public – for everyone to see
- Unlisted – where anyone with the link can view it
- Private – where only you can see
You can start building your legacy on YouTube today by uploading whatever you want to share.
- Create playlists – You can have multiple playlists and share the link to a particular playlist for one group of people and another one for a different group.
- Want to share a recipe, a memory, or a personal life message? Create a video and send the link to those you want to receive it.
- Your Belongings – Want to leave a video of who you would like to receive your belongings after you pass? Create a video and upload it for the right people to see. (This will not be legal, like a will, it’s just for guidance)
- Did you just attend an event or concert or travel to a wonderful place and want to share it with others? People don’t live close anymore to gather and watch videos. But you can share them globally this way. You can even do a zoom meeting and play the videos while you are all together.
- That favorite thing that you do – Is there something you do that the family loves and now you can leave it with them forever? As for me, I have this thing I have been doing for years with the toddlers in my family where I make them into a pizza as I pretend, they are dough and I roll them around and put pretend pepperoni all over their bellies as they giggle their little heads off. Then I lift them up and put them into a pretend oven, cook them and then pretend to slice them up for everyone to get a piece. I finally got it on video so that it can be remembered (also because I’m getting too old to throw kids around anymore LOL)
- What would your ideas be to leave your legacy on YouTube? Please share so that others can benefit.
Comment if this made a difference for how you view having a YouTube Channel. I’m here to help you.
Senior Tuber Partner – Helping Women Over 60 become YouTube Creators
Want to connect with me?
- Join my Facebook page Senior Tuber Community
- My YouTube Channel – Senior Tuber Alliance
- And this website – Thrive Anyway
- Here you will learn more about what I do and why!
This is day 5 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge – Please support me by reading, sharing, and commenting on my blogs.
If you’d like to join this challenge, I’d love for you to be a part of it, to share yourself, and your business, meet new people and support others. Click here to learn more.
Rachel Lavern says
You have a nice service and I can see value in doing this. I only create videos for my business and I host all of my video content on Vimeo. I do have a YouTube channel but it is “covered with cobwebs”.
Thanks for commenting Rachel. If ever you’d like to dust off your YouTube Channel, join our FB group Senior Tuber Community. As the second largest search engine in the world, I help women entrepreneurs start or grow their channels. ESPECIALLY those with their incredible archived content. I’ll be doing live events for free training. Coming soon
All the best to you!
Hi Rachel, because of you and other women who commented positively about YouTube for seniors, I created a course. I know you are on Vimeo but if you ever want to get your cobwebs out of YT, this could help.
If you are at all interested or know a mature woman who might be, please pass this along. Thanks, https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/cu/oPnqllp/course (I’m keeping registration open for a couple of weeks)
You know, I’ve always wanted to start a YouTube channel (which I did) but it’s just “there” and I’m not really active as much as I’d like to be. This post might just as well be the reason I’ll be up and about and breathing some life into my current dormant channel.
Yolanda, that made my day! I really want to help women create a channel for fun and self expression. Please send my your channel link whenever you are comfortable. I would love to see it (provided it isn’t a private channel) you can send it to email@example.com
Thank you again for commenting and letting me know that this crazy idea of mine is inspiring action!
Hi Yolanda, because of you and other women who commented positively about YouTube for seniors, I created a course. If you are at all interested or know a mature woman who might be, please pass this along. Thanks, https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/cu/oPnqllp/course (I’m keeping registration open for a couple of weeks)